TeamCity supports parameters, so if you are dealing with so many build configurations on your TeamCity server and you need to change something in all of your projects, the best practice is to use parameters or build templates. But what if you need to change a value in multiple build configurations or multiple projects and that value cannot be (or is not) defined as a parameter? In such cases you can use the following shortcut instead of going through each build configuration to edit them:
- On the TeamCity machine, open the data directory. It can be identified using the
- Open the corresponding directory to your required project from
- All of the build configurations are stored as XML files in the
- Use a powerful text editor (e.g. Notepad++ ) to batch edit the files.
- From the TeamCity administration page, go to Server Administration\Diagnostics\Caches and reset buildsMetadata.
After a couple of seconds the changes should be reflected in all of your build configurations.